Professor Rajagopalan S: Surgical Site Infections–Tackling the Menace
Citation Information :
Rajagopalan S. Professor Rajagopalan S: Surgical Site Infections–Tackling the Menace. J Med Sci 2016; 2 (3):0-0.
CC BY-SA 4.0
Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Report on the burden of endemic healthcare associated infections worldwide: A systematic review of the literature. Geneva, Switzerland: WHO Document Production Services, 2011. p. 40.
- Preventing hospital acquired infections: a challenge we must accept. Indian J Crit Care Med 2014 Mar;18(3:)125-126.
- Surgical site infection: epidemiology, microbiology and prevention. J Hosp Infect 2008 Nov;70(Suppl 2):3-10.
- London RCOG Press; 2008 Oct (NICE Guidelines). Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK 53722.
- Surgical site infections; a one year prospective study in a tertiary care centre. Int J Health Sci (Qassim) 2012 Jan;6(1:)79-84.
- Surgical site infection in clean and clean—contaminated cases. Indian J Med Microbiol 2005 Oct;2003(4:)249-252.
- Post-operative wound infection: the influence of UV radiation of the operating room and of various other factors. Ann Surg 1964 Aug;160(Suppl 2):1-192.
- A scoring method (ASEPSIS) for postoperative wound infection for use in clinical trials of antibiotic prophylaxis. Lancet 1986 Feb;1(8476:)311-313.
- Community surveillance of complication after hernia surgery. BMJ 1992 Feb;304(6825:)469-471.
- Surgical wound infection rates by wound class, operative procedure, and operative risk index. National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System. Am J Med 1991 Sep;91(3B:)152S-157S.
- Risk factors of surgical wound infection. Ann Ital Chir 2004 Jan-Feb;75(1:)11-16.
- Surgical attire and the operating room: role in infection prevention. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2014 Sep;96(17:)1485-1492.
- Guideline for prevention of surgical site infection 1999. Hospital Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 1999 Apr;20(4:)250-278; quiz 279-280.
- Prevention of surgical site infection. Surg Clin North Am 2009 Apr;89(2:)365-389.
- Antibiotic prophylaxis to prevent surgical site infections. Am Fam Physician 2011 Mar;83(5:)585-590.
- Updated recommendations for control of surgical site infections. Ann Surg 2011 Jun;253(6:)1082-1093.
- Surgical site infections. Infect Dis Clin North Am 2011 Mar;25(1:)135-153.
- Topical antiseptics in wound care: time for reflection. Int Wound J 2011 Dec;8(6:)547-549.
- Postoperative hyperglycemia and surgical site infection in general surgery patients. Arch Surg 2010 Sep;145(9);858-864.